Allama Delwar Hossain Sayeedi Biography
Allama Delwar Hossain Sayeedi is an Islamic speaker, lecturer, politician who served as a Member of the Parliament of Bangladesh from 1996 to 2008.
Short biography of Allama Delwar Hossain Sayeedi:
On 2nd February, Allama Delwar Hossain Sayeedi was born in Indurkani village of Pirojpur district.
Yusuf Sayeedi, a renowned Islamic scholar.
Allama Delwar Hossain Sayeedi’s mother name is Gulnahar Begum.
Children of Allama Saeedi:
Allama Delwar Hossain Sayeedi’s four sons –
1. (Late) Rafiq Sayeedi
2. Shamim Sayeedi
3. Masood Sayeedi
4. Nasim Sayeedi
Allama Delwar Hossain Sayeedi completed his primary education at his father’s Madrassa. Later he studied in Khulna Alia Madrasa for some days and later in 1962, he passed Kamil from Sarsina Darussunnat Kamil Madrasah. After passing Kamil, he studied for 5 years on various languages, religions, sciences, politics, economics, foreign policy, psychology and various theories.
From 1967 onwards, he became a “Dayi Ilallah”. Mawlana Delwar Hossain Sayeedi was invited over half a hundred countries of the world to bring forth the great ideals of Islam to the people. Here is a sample of his 50 years of Islamic propaganda in Bangladesh: –
1. At Chittagong parade ground, 3 days ‘’Islamic Tafsir Program’’ was held for a long time of 29 years. The honorable Imam of the Holy Ka’bah Sharif attended the ceremony twice as chief guest.
2. At Khulna Circuit House field, 2 days ‘’Islamic Tafsir Program’’ was held for a long time of 38 years.
3. At Sylhet Government Alia Madrasha Field, 3 days ‘’Islamic Tafsir Program’’ was held for a long time of 33 years.
4. At Rajshahi Government Madrasha Field, 3 days ‘’Islamic Tafsir Program’’ was held for a long time of 35 years.
5. At Bogra City, 2 days ‘’Islamic Tafsir Program’’ was held for a long time of 25 years.
6. At Dhaka Kamalapur Railway grounds and Paltan grounds, 3 days ‘’Islamic Tafsir Program’’ was held for a long time of 34 years.
7. At Comilla Central Eidgah grounds, 3 days ‘’Islamic Tafsir Program’’ was held for a long time of 31 years.
Allama Delwar Hossain Sayeedi joined Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami as a general supporter in the 1979. He was elected as a member of the Shura in the Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami Majlish in 1989. Recently he served as the Amir of the Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami.
1. Allama Delwar Hossain Sayeedi has been performing Hajj as a royal guest on the Saudi invitations since 1976. Every year from 1990 to 2008, Ramadan became his daily routine of staying in Makkah Madinah.
2. On the invitation of Imam Syed Ali Hussaini Khomeini in 1982 Allama Delwar Hossain Sayeedi visited Tehran to celebrate Iran’s first revolution anniversary. In 1991, he joined the Kuwait – Iraq war memorial meeting at the invitation of the Saudi king. In 1991, the Islamic Circle of North America awarded him the title “Allama”.
3. In 1993, Maulana Delwar Hossain Sayeedi was awarded the “Grand Marshal” medal at the American Muslim Day Parade Conference in front of the United Nations in New York. He presented the Qur’an in the United Arab Emirates on December 8th, at the invitation of the Government of Dubai in front of more than 50,000 listeners.
4. Mawlana Sayeedi was invited and accompanied by the honorable Imam of the Ka’ba “Shaykh Abdur Rahman as Sudais” at the inauguration of the London Muslim Center. More than six hundred Non-Muslim brothers and sisters accept Islam in the hands of Maulana Delwar Hossain Sayeedi.
1st Prison: Maulana Delwar Hossain Sayeedi gets first imprisonment in 1995.
Pilgrimage: Mawlana Delwar Hossain Sayedee performs the Holy Hajj every year from 1976 to 2010.
Allama title: He was awarded the title “Allama” by the Islamic Circle of North America in 1991.
Book Writing: Allama Delwar Hossain Sayeedi authored 75 books.
Favourite political party: Jamaat-e-Islami Bangladesh
Favourite Student Organization: Satra Shibir & Satri Sangastha
Favourite political figure: Allama Maududi (Rah:)
Favourite Speaker: Shaykh Abdul Hamid Kishk, Ahmed Didat, Dr. Zakir Naik and Sayed Kamal Uddin Jafri
Favourite Author: Allama Maududi, Hasanul Banna, Dr. Maurice Bucaille, Mawlana Abdur Rahim and Krishna Chandar
Favourite poets: Sheikh Saadi, Omar Khayyam Dr. Iqbal, Kazi Nazrul and Farrukh Ahmed
Best Friend: Principal Mawlana Sayed Kamal Uddin Jafari
Fear: Almighty Allah
Hate: arrogance, ungratefulness, unconsciousness of time and gibberish
Dream: Implementation of Islamic rule in Bangladesh
Desire: The death of a martyr
Retirement: study, spending time with relatives
Memorable moment: First Kaaba visit
The ideal man of life: Prophet Muhammad
2nd arrest: 28 June 2010. He is now in jail for life imprisonment in the alleged war crimes case on appeal. Loving him, about more than 150 Bangladeshi Bani Adam was martyred in protest against Invalid judgment, wish forgiveness for their souls, Amin. ’’Let us all pray for the birds of the Quran’’
At Last: ‘’O Allah, please liberate Hossain Sayeedi, the bird of the Qur’an and make every arrangement for staying with the dawah work, Amin’’